6 mini/Persian cucumbers (about 1 lb)
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp Original Coconut Aminos
1 tbsp Chinese chili oil or chili flakes
1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 garlic clove, finely minced or grated
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onions
- 1. Wash the cucumbers and cut off the ends.
- 2. Place a cucumber between two chopsticks and make thin diagonal slices on the top. Flip the cucumber over and repeat this on the other side. Repeat with remaining cucumbers.
- 3. Place all the cucumbers in a large bowl and sprinkle salt on top. Gently massage it in. Leave for 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water 3-4 times to completely remove the salt.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the coconut aminos, chili oil or flakes, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and sesame seeds. Whisk until uniform.
- 5. Pour the sauce on top of the cucumbers, add the spring onions and mix gently.
- 6. Best served immediately. Enjoy!