- 1 green zucchini, sliced thinly into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into wedges
- 1 red onion, sliced into thick rounds
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Spicy or Coconut Secret Soy Sauce Substitute
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the sandwich:
- 2 small crusty ciabattas or baguette, or other good bread
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, or other leafy green
- 2 tbsp crumbled vegan or regular feta
- 1. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, coconut aminos, maple syrup, grated garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, and black pepper to make the marinade. Set aside.
- 3. In another large bowl, toss the sliced zucchini, orange and red bell peppers, and red onion with 2 tbsp of avocado oil.
- 4. Grill the vegetables for about 5-6 minutes per side or until tender and lightly charred. Remove from grill and place in the bowl with the marinade. Toss to coat and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- 5. Cut the ciabatta or baguette in half and lightly toast on the grill for a minute or two.
- 6. To assemble the sandwich, two tablespoons of hummus on the bottom half of each ciabatta or baguette.
- 7. Add a handful of baby spinach on top of the hummus, then layer the grilled vegetables on top of the spinach.
- 8. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of crumbled feta over the vegetables and top with the other half of the ciabatta or baguette. Serve immediately. Enjoy!