- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup Coconut Secret Seasoning Sauce and Marinade
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Nutiva Organic Coconut or Nutiva Organic Avocado Oil
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
1. In a bowl, whisk together the seasoning sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, shallots, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes. Pour ⅓ of the sauce over the chicken and let marinate for 15 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
2. While the chicken is marinating, make the pineapple salsa. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and gently toss.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and sauté for 5 minutes until cooked through on both sides. Reduce the heat to medium and pour in the remaining coconut aminos mix. Cook until the sauce thickens and glazes the chicken, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- 4. Serve the chicken over rice and spoon the salsa over the chicken.