- 1 12-15 oz package of extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut Secret Seasoning Sauce & Marinade
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 servings of white or brown rice, optional
- 1 bunch of chopped green onions, optional
- Chili crisp sauce, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Optional: Drain the tofu and place a paper towel above and below the large cube, then place it between two cutting boards. Place a weighted item, like a book or skillet, on top of it to add more pressure. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes, ideally 30-40 if you have the time.
4. Drain the tofu and cut it into cubes.
5. Add the tofu to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with Coconut Secret Seasoning Sauce & Marinade and Nutiva Avocado Oil. Sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and ground ginger.
6. Next, add the cornstarch and toss until fully coated.
7. Transfer the tofu to the lined baking sheet and make sure it all fits on one single layer.
8. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, and flip the tofu after 10 minutes. Bake until it’s browned and crispy. For extra crispiness, broil the tofu for 1 – 2 minutes before removing it from the oven.
9. Serve over white or brown rice. Top with chopped green onions for garnish. Drizzle with chili crisp sauce for extra spice!
*This recipe is adapted from The Cabin Diary.