Do you have a naked cake that’s screaming for the perfect Vanilla Buttercream Frosting? Perhaps it’s our Coconut Blueberry Birthday Cake! And if you do have one that needs a little sweet bit of the most fluffy frosting out there, then today you have hit the jackpot!
¾ cup Organic Coconut Oil with Butter Flavour
1 ¾ cup organic powdered sugar (sifted)
½ tablespoon milk (we used Natural Value Lite canned coconut milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Make sure the Buttery Coconut Oil is soft, but not melted.
2. Get the liquids together in one small cup (i.e. pour the vanilla extract into the milk).
3. Whip the Buttery Coconut Oil for exactly 2 minutes.
4. Add half of the total amount the powered sugar (pour through a sieve).
5. With a hand held mixer, make sure to start the speed on slow.
6. Whip for another minute.
7. Add half of the total amount of milk/vanilla extract and whip for another 2 minutes.
8. Add the other half of powdered sugar (through the sieve) and whip for another 1-2 minutes.
9. Add the remaining milk/vanilla extract
10. The icing is should be smooth and pale and spreadable.