- 3/4-1 cup Nutiva Organic Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (the liquid/brine in a can of cooked chickpeas)
- 1-3 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Add aquafaba to a tall glass jar along with ground mustard, sea salt, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup.
2. Blend on high with an immersion blender for best results or a small food processor.
3. Measure the avocado oil in a liquid measuring cup. Then, with the immersion blender on its highest speed, slowly stream in the avocado oil over the course of 1-2 minutes. Doing so supports the immersion process.
4. Move the immersion blender up and down to incorporate a little air toward the end. If it’s looking too thin, add more oil. The more oil you add, the creamier, thicker, and denser the texture will become. You shouldn’t need more than the recommended amount.
5. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more sweetener of choice for sweetness (keeping in mind maple syrup will make it less thick + fluffy), vinegar for tanginess, salt for saltiness, or ground mustard for mustard flavor.
6. Transfer to a glass container, cover, and place in the refrigerator until cold, about 4 hours. It will thicken even more as it chills. Store mayonnaise in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.