Whole food granola bars with just 6 ingredients! Simple and fun to make with kids; these bars will be a hit beside the pool or for an on the go breakfast.
1 ½ cups rolled oats
9 Medjool dates, pitted
4 packets of Organic Hazelnut Spread
1 scoop (32 g) Organic Plant Protein Superfood Smoothie
1 pinch sea salt, optional
1. Pit dates, place them in a food processor and process until small bits remain (about 1 minute) and a dough like consistency forms.
2. Toast rolled oats over the stove in a large frying pan tossing every minute or so until they become crisp and smell toasty.
3. Place rolled oats, hempseed and processed dates in a large mixing bowl mix loosely. Set aside.
4. Warm coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in Vanilla Plant Protein Superfood 30 Shake and pour over oat mixture scraping out every last bit and mix again thoroughly.
5. Spoon into to an 8×8-inch baking dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
6. With a sheet of plastic wrap placed over the top, press down firmly until uniformly flattened.
7. Squeeze 4 packets of Hazelnut Spread over flattened “loaf” and spread evenly.
8. Remove bars from pan and slice into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container and freezer a month or more or in the fridge for 5-7 days.